It’s that time again. You’ve got the big day coming up. It’s your wedding, or perhaps you’re getting ready for a job interview. Whatever the occasion, you want to look your very best. But how do you go about doing this without looking like a walking billboard for acne?
You know how it goes – you wake up and there’s a zit right smack dab in the middle of your forehead. And then there’s another one on your chin. And then there’s another zit on your cheek. Before you know it, you’ve got a whole cluster of zits all over your face. Now you’re not only looking like a walking billboard for the dreaded zit, but you’re also feeling like one.
What’s a girl to do? How can she possibly make herself look good when she has acne all over her face? Here are some tips for beating the zit monster once and for all.
1) If you have acne on your face, it’s important to keep it clean. That means washing your face every day. Don’t be tempted to skip your daily cleansing ritual because you’re afraid you’ll see zits in the mirror. Remember, it’s not the number of zits you have, it’s the size of the zits that counts. A little bit of acne on your face isn’t going to hurt you.
2) If you’ve got acne on your chin, it’s important to keep your chin clean as well. Don’t let your chin get dirty by constantly scratching at it. Scratching will only make your zits worse. Instead, gently wipe away any excess dirt from your chin. This is particularly important if you have acne on your chin. The last thing you want is to have a huge zit on your chin.
3) Don’t pick at your zits. You know what they say about the person who picks at their zits. They’re doomed to have more zits. So instead of picking at your zits, gently massage them. Massaging will help break up the dead skin cells that are causing your zits to appear.
4) Try not to touch your zits. This is probably the biggest mistake that people make when trying to cure their acne. Touching your zits is a surefire way to make them even bigger. So if you do happen to accidentally touch a zit, simply wash your hands immediately.
5) Be patient. While there are many acne treatments available, it may take some time before you see results. Don’t give up. Even if you don’t see results right away, you’ll eventually get rid of your acne.